My Microsoft Touch Mouse stopped scrolling in Visual Studio on my Windows 8 machine some time ago. Because this kills productivity, I wanted to fix the problem. After trying some things I found that the problem only occurred when I ran Visual Studio as Administrator. Searching a bit further I found this bug to be added to Microsoft Connect. I found a workaround for the problem:
- Go to the location where you have Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center installed
- Open up the properties of ipoint.exe
- Set it to Run as Administrator
- Kill and restart ipoint.exe (or restart the machine)
- Welcome back scrolling in Visual Studio…!
Hope this helps